That was unexpected!
For a week now Power Rangers has hyped up tonight’s extended episode of “The Legendary Battle” pretty heavy across social media and even on television. And TokuNation was there to live-tweet the whole 75 minutes to you! Here’s a recap of the entire episode, which included “The Wrath” as part of the 75 minutes.
- 75 minutes long with commercials
- “The Wrath” featured extended scenes
- Longer “New Powers” fight scene
- Extended Mr. Burley and Ernie scenes
- Extra dialogue for Levira
- Extended scene where Tommy saves a boy from a falling car
- Extra dialogue before the Power Rangers fight the last general in the last episode
- A longer battle with the X-Borgs while fighting the general
- Silver Ranger turns in to Mighty Morphin Green Ranger and gives the Dragon Shield to Red Ranger, who wears it as he transforms in to the Mighty Morphin Red Ranger
- An entirely new scene where the Power Rangers use all their Legendary Ranger Modes to fight Emperor Mavro
- A helmetless morph scene (just like in Gokaiger for those familiar with the Super Sentai version)
- Extra footage of the Legendary Rangers putting on their helmets
- Dialogue for Karone the Lost Galaxy Pink Ranger as she says “I love being a Power Ranger” as her face morphs in to her villain form of Astronema
So there you have it. We probably missed an item or two, especially during “The Wrath” only because we didn’t bother to re-watch it before this special extended edition aired. So now it comes down to the big question – was this finale worth it? In this writer’s humble opinion – yes, it was. It felt like we got a fitting end to Emperor Mavro and any dialogue added for our Legendary Rangers is a win. But does it correct the flaws with Power Rangers Super Megaforce? That one we’ll leave up to you.
Linked to this news post is a new discussion thread and a new poll for this extended episode. Please take a moment to vote on it and share your thoughts. This episode will be available online in a few hours at Nick.com!