Recently, at Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing.org sat down with Casey Collins, Senior Vice President General Manager of Global Consumer Products at Hasbro, and discussed the future of the Power Rangers brand, and other brands, purchased by Hasbro from Saban Brands earlier this year. Here are some details!
- Power Rangers Beast Morphers – 22 episode season in 2019 and in 2020 (44 total episodes over 2 years) will debut in February 2019
- The vast majority of current license deals for the Power Rangers brand expire at the end of 2018 or 2019
- Hasbro has been meeting with various companies regarding licensing for Power Rangers in Europe
- A Power Rangers “live event” is in consideration for the future
- New licensees will have a broader access to some categories previously limited by Saban Brands licensing deal with Bandai
- “We want to work with best in-class partners and sometimes less is more”
Other bits of information worth noting is Hasbro is excited to own the Power Rangers entertainment side of things (the show) as it allows them to do more with the licensing with their partners. You will find Hasbro toys of Power Rangers in 2019 as well as back-to-school items, costumes, and party goods.
2019 is right around the corner and with it new and exciting Power Rangers products and entertainment. We can’t wait to see what is next!