In case you missed it Bandai Namco’s forthcoming melee brawler game: Kamen Rider Climax Fighters was just picked up for Asia Localization, which means the chances that we’ll see a Kamen Rider game with sub and English text is very likely.
Not long after that announcement, new screen shots, release info, and a full-length trailer was just released courtesy of gematsu.com.
Here are the details for the game as posted by gematsu:
- Game Point: Kamen Rider Techniques – Become stronger by mastering the individual techniques of each Rider.
- Game Point: Up to Four Players Battle at Once – Up to four players can play at once, not only online, but also locally on a single PlayStation 4.
- Keyword: Two-on-Two Battles – In addition to one-on-one battles, you can also fight in two-on battles.
- Keyword: Form Change – If you’re fighting with a Rider that can use Form Change, there are also Riders with Form Changes that can only be activated during a special move.
- Keyword: Skills – Fighting with the skills possessed by each Rider is an important element.
- Game Point: Online Battles – Battle online to determine the strongest Kamen Rider.
- Keyword: Online Lobby – In the online lobby, players can wear the masks of their favorite Rider on a chibi avatar, and befriend and communicate with other players.
As is the trend with Kamen Rider games, two versions will be available: a standard version and limited run premium sound version. The premium sound version contains the opening theme songs for Kuuga through Build as in game background music. Regardless of what version you purchase, a Climax Fighters background theme will be included as a pre order bonus.
Kamen Rider Climax Fighters will be released December 2017, the standard release will retail for 7,600 yen while the Premium Sound Version costs 11,100 yen the premium sound version will only be in production until February 2018 so act fast!
UPDATE 02/12/2017: Bandai Asia’s version of the trailer’s just come out complete with English subtitles! As such, the video from before’s been replaced with this version of the trailer.
No info regarding the Asia region release was given as of this writing, but stay tuned and we’ll provide you with up to date info as it’s made available. In the meantime, view the trailer in the link below: